Friday, November 9, 2007

Articles on race, music videos, and hip hop

I read both of the articles in the race, music videos, and hip hop blog. Everyone is going to have their opinions on whether or not hip hop and music videos affect society, etc. I, personally, think it can impact young girls that are confused, but I see the other side as well. I have watched BET many times before and it does not affect my decision making or anything like that. I know who I am and I know my own boundaries. However, I am in college, young girls in middle or high school might be confused on who they are, what is right or wrong, and might be struggling to fit in. These music videos can influence their minds on what is “cool” and what’s not. It might not even affect them either. It just depends on the person, parents, and how much they are watching music videos, etc.

No comments: